The Summer Work Travel (SWT) Program, a category of the U.S. Department of State’s BridgeUSA, brings foreign post-secondary (college or university) students to the United States to work and travel for a maximum of four months during their summer vacations. Summer Work Travel, like all exchange programs, is intended to provide participants with broad exposure to U.S. culture and society, and to foster greater appreciation among Americans of the participants’ home countries. Specifically, Summer Work Travel is designed to allow participants to become directly involved in the daily life of the people of the United States through travel and temporary work.
See more information on the Summer Work Travel Program on the Department of State website.
The following Alliance member organizations sponsor summer work/travel programs:
- Alliance Abroad Group
- American Hospitality Academy
- American Work Adventures
- AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study)
- ASSE International Student Exchange Programs
- Cultural Exchange Network (CENET)
- Cultural Homestay International (CHI)
- Greenheart International
- Global Educational Concepts (GEC)
- InterExchange Work & Travel USA
- International Culture & Career Exchange (ICCE)
- International Cultural Exchange Organization (ICEO)
- International Exchange of North America (IENA)
- Intrax Cultural Exchange
- Janus International Hospitality Student Exchange
- Spirit Cultural Exchange
- United Work and Travel, a division of APEI
A list of all inbound Summer Work Travel sponsors designated by the Department of State can be found on the Department’s website.