International Education Week 2021
This year’s International Education Week (IEW) is November 15-19, 2021.
IEW is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences. Everyone, including American and international alumni of federally and privately funded programs, are encouraged to join in celebrating the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
Examples of Events and Activities:
- Spotlight an especially successful educational exchange program by inviting participants to join a virtual reception or panel discussion. Considering having an ECA alum speak at the event.
- Coordinate a virtual event with a local university or school to speak about U.S. or international education or other topics. Tie the event to other exchange activities: the school of a Fulbright Teacher, a university hosting a Fulbright scholar or student, or a Gilman Scholarship recipient.
- Ask former international students, exchange participants, or U.S. study abroad students in your country to participate in a virtual Q&A event with prospective international students.
- For more suggested activities, please follow the link to a resource created by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education.
Social Media Campaign
- Using #IEW2020, share information about IEW events and ask participants and alumni to post a photo from their exchange experiences. For example, campaigns can focus on: where and when they studied, worked, and/or volunteered abroad, current career and goals for the future, or how international exchange has shaped their personal and professional lives.
- For more sample posts and social media guidelines, please follow the link to a toolkit developed by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education.