Advocacy Day – March 4-5, 2020
- Advocacy Day is a distinct opportunity for Alliance members to come together and educate Members of Congress about the value of international exchange in their respective districts and states. For 16 consecutive years, Alliance members have engaged their Senators, Representatives, and their staff members on behalf of international exchange.
Exchange Week in the District – April 13-17, 2020
- As a follow up on our meetings during Advocacy Day and also as a complement to Exchange Week in Washington, the Alliance facilitates Exchange Week in the District. While we continue to advocate in our nation’s capital, we collectively build on these efforts by engaging Members of Congress in their home state and district offices.
Exchange Day – August 3, 2020
- Exchange Day is a nationwide celebration of the power of international exchange. International exchange participants will come together with their American hosts to “eat, play, and give” — to share cultural diversity and American customs, to give back to their communities, and to have some fun.
Virtual Conference – October 28-29, 2020
- This year, the Alliance Annual Conference will be held virtually. In addition to the switch to an online event, expect to see considerable format changes. The specifics will depend on participant need and interest. The Alliance will provide updates as planning develops.
International Education Week – November 16-20, 2020
- IEW is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.