The Trainee Program, a category of the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program, brings foreign professionals to the United States to enhance the skills and exchange visitors in their academic or occupational fields through participation in a structure and guided training-based program. Professionals participate in trainee programs with host organizations for a duration of 3 weeks up to 18 months. The program is intended to allow trainees to return home to utilize their enhanced professional skills to advance their careers and to share their experiences and increased understanding of the US.
See more information on the Trainee Program on the Department of State website.
The following Alliance member organizations sponsor trainee programs:
- AIESEC United States
- Alliance Abroad Group (AAG)
- American Hospitality Academy
- American Immigration Council
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation
- ASSE International Student Exchange Programs
- CCI Greenheart
- CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange
- Communicating for Agriculture
- Council for Global Immigration [formerly American Council on International Personnel (ACIP)]
- Council of International Programs, USA (CIPUSA)
- Cultural Exchange Network (CENET)
- Cultural Homestay International (CHI)
- Cultural Vistas
- French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- InterExchange Career Training USA
- International Cultural Exchange Organization (ICEO)
- Intrax Cultural Exchange
- Mountbatten Institute
- Mountbatten Internship Programme
- Odyssey International Exchange
- Spirit Cultural Exchange
- The Ohio Program
- World Wide Cultural Exchanges, Inc.
A list of all inbound trainee sponsors designated by the Department of State can be found on the Department’s website.