The Trainee Program, a category of the U.S. Department of State’s BridgeUSA, brings foreign professionals to the United States to enhance the skills and exchange visitors in their academic or occupational fields through participation in a structure and guided training-based program. Professionals participate in trainee programs with host organizations for a duration of 3 weeks up to 18 months. The program is intended to allow trainees to return home to utilize their enhanced professional skills to advance their careers and to share their experiences and increased understanding of the US.
See more information on the Trainee Program on the Department of State website.
The following Alliance member organizations sponsor trainee programs:
- American Hospitality Academy
- American Immigration Council
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation
- ASSE International Student Exchange Programs
- Communicating for Agriculture
- Council of International Programs, USA (CIPUSA)
- Cultural Exchange Network (CENET)
- Cultural Homestay International (CHI)
- Cultural Vistas
- French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC)
- German American Chamber of Commerce New York (GACC NY)
- Global Educational Concepts (GEC)
- IIEEX [German American Chamber of Commerce California (GACC CA)]
- Institute of Global Exchange (IGE)
- InterExchange Career Training USA
- International Cultural Exchange Organization (ICEO)
- Intrax Cultural Exchange
- Odyssey International Exchange
- Pan Atlantic Exchanges
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Spirit Cultural Exchange
- The Ohio Program
- United Work and Travel
- World Wide Cultural Exchanges, Inc.
A list of all inbound trainee sponsors designated by the Department of State can be found on the Department’s website.