Part Time Position: Finance and Operations Manager
The Alliance for International Exchange, a small non-profit organization, is looking for a part-time employee who will serve as the internal accountant and operations manager. This is the perfect position for an accountant who has multiple clients or may be semi-retired, and is looking to broaden the scope of their work by joining an exciting team dedicated to increasing mutual understanding among people internationally.
The manager will report to the Executive Director. He or she will work with other members of the staff, and assist with reporting to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors. The following are core responsibilities for the position:
- Process accounts payable and disbursements
- Process accounts receivable and receipts
- Process payroll and related benefits transactions
- Record transactions in QuickBooks Online
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis
- Work with auditors, as well as payroll, insurance, and benefits consultants
- Manage staff on-boarding and departure
- Oversee all operations and other related functions as needed
The finance and operations manager will take over most of the functions of external accountants and operations consultants. The manager will work in our office an estimated fifteen hours a week across at least two days, and will be paid hourly. The manager will also have the option of participating in Alliance activities and events during non-compensated time. An accounting degree is required, as is at least five years of experience. Strong client recommendations are also required. A passion for non-profit work, public service, and/or international issues is a plus.
The Alliance offers a supportive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value national service. The manager’s hourly rate will be commensurate with experience and salary history. Please send your resume and cover letter in one PDF. Include weekly availability, hourly rate history, and three client references. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls.