Celebrate J Day!
J Day is a nationwide celebration of the power of international exchange. International exchange participants will come together with their American hosts to “eat, play, and give” — to share cultural diversity and American customs, to give back to their communities, and to have some fun. J Day is also an opportunity to raise awareness of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) and spread the word about the power and breadth of cultural exchange.
J Day was piloted in the summer of 2014 by three Alliance members — CCI Greenheart, CENET: Cultural Exchange Network, and Spirit Cultural Exchange.
J Day this year will be on August 6, 2018.
Day 2017 was a huge success! Thank you to all members who participated, either by hosting events or engaging via social media.
If you want to relive last year’s accomplishments, click on the button below.
How does J Day work?
All J Day events in all locations will happen on the same day:
- Each participating sponsor picks a location where it has a significant number of exchange participants. Sponsors are encouraged to collaborate on events and include Alliance partners, host employers, local citizens and officials, etc., where suitable.
- Everyone participating in J Day should tweet about it (prior to, during, and after the event) using the hash tags #CelebrateJDay and #eatplaygive. A list of sample tweets is available here.
- Everyone participating in J Day will use the same tag line: “Eat. Play. Give.”
- Everyone participating in J Day will use the same J Day branding, download here.
- Participating sponsors are responsible for ordering and purchasing J Day t-shirts for all participants joining their events.
- J Day is a great opportunity to educate elected officials about the power and benefits of
international exchange. Learn more here.