Celebrate J Day!
J Day is a nationwide celebration of the power of international exchange. International exchange participants will come together with their American hosts to “eat, play, and give” — to share cultural diversity and American customs, to give back to their communities, and to have some fun. J Day is also an opportunity to raise awareness of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) and spread the word about the power and breadth of cultural exchange.
J Day was piloted in the summer of 2014 by three Alliance members — Greenheart Exchange, CENET: Cultural Exchange Network, and Spirit Cultural Exchange.
J Day this year will be on August 6, 2018.
If you want to relive last year’s accomplishments, click on the button below.
How does J Day work?
All J Day events in all locations will happen on the same day:
- Each participating sponsor picks a location where it has a significant number of exchange participants. Sponsors are encouraged to collaborate on events and include Alliance partners, host employers, local citizens and officials, etc., where suitable.
- Everyone participating in J Day should tweet about it (prior to, during, and after the event) using the hash tags #CelebrateJDay and #eatplaygive. A list of sample tweets is available here.
- Everyone participating in J Day will use the same tag line: “Eat. Play. Give.”
- Everyone participating in J Day will use the same J Day branding, download here.
- Participating sponsors are responsible for ordering and purchasing J Day t-shirts for all participants joining their events.
- J Day is a great opportunity to educate elected officials about the power and benefits of
international exchange. Learn more here.