As the international education and exchange field continues to evolve, championing emerging leaders in the field who reflect the rich diversity of the United States is essential for its continued advancement and success. With this in mind, we are thrilled to announce this year’s launch of the McCarry Leadership Award – an initiative promoting the professional development of emerging leaders in the U.S. exchange community. The award honors former Alliance Executive Director, Michael McCarry – a leader who has conveyed over decades the importance of exchange through his unyielding commitment to the field.
Are you a young professional committed to the exchange field and looking for opportunities to grow in your work, gain leadership experience, and build relationship? Do you supervise a young professional that exhibits leadership potential and a commitment to the exchanges field? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to review the award information and submit an application by Friday, September 8.
McCarry Leadership Awardees receive and commit to:
- Complementary registration to the Alliance Annual Conference
- Up to $1,000 reimbursement will also be provided for actual travel expenses associated with the Conference
- Complementary admission to Advocacy Day the following year
- One year of service on the Alliance’s young professional steering committee
- Creation and implementation of Alliance event that promotes the mission and values of the organization
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have at least three years of experience in the international education and exchange field. This can include experience as an exchange participant and volunteer work in the field.
- Demonstrate significant leadership potential
- Be employed by an Alliance member organization
- Be 35 or younger
Links to the nominator and candidate application are available here.