Policy Monitor Weekly Digest, July 4 – 8
► At the closing luncheon for the Department of State's TechWomen Initiative on Wednesday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton celebrated the completion of the first-ever TechWomen exchange program and announced the planned launch of a similar "TechGirls" initiative next year.
► On Thursday, the Department of State announced an international basketball exchange with Russia under the U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission that sent a group of 20 Americans to Russia yesterday for a two-week exchange.
► Local News Stories of the week:
- Japanese exchange student returns to rural Ala (Daily Comet, Alabama)
- Youth programs: Exchange program offers residents chance for cultural experience (Maricopa Monitor, Arizona)
- Exchange students use sports to learn more than just language (My Central Jersey, New Jersey)
- An exchange of cultures, ideas: one family's experience hosting 17 exchange students (Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch, Illinois)
- Foreign students learning everything from adverbs to culture (Bakersfield.com, California)
See all Local News Stories here.